Friday, May 9, 2008

How Many Miles Per Year Do I Drive?

I first drove my car on August 30, 2006. I suspect that I drive less than 10 000 miles per year. I notified my insurance company of this and they reduced the price of my car insurance.

The insurance company advised me to check how many miles I drove from time to time.

On March 8, 2008 the car told me that I had driven 15 000 miles and I needed an oil change. About how many miles do I drive per year?

-----------------
Hints: this is an estimation problem. You could, for example, assume that a year has 12 months, each of 30 days, and even assume that the the 15 000 mile notice appeared on April 30, 2008. Then get the miles per month and multiply by 12 to get miles per year.

-----------------
One approximate answer: DCCL miles per month times XII.

No comments: